This weekend was so productive...I loved it!! We have been out of town for the past two weekend and will be again next weekend so this past weekend was the only time we really had to catch up. On Friday night after work Nick and I decided to go for a little jog and then do some sprints and wall sits. It was a nice night out so it felt good to get some exercise. Then we showered, made taco's for dinner and then watched Slumdog Millionaire. I had heard such great things about the movie and it didn't dissapoint. We really enjoyed the movie, except that it made me so sad. It made me want to go do missions work and adopt all the little babies and people in the slums of Mumbai. My heart broke for the children who are forced to grow up in that environment :(.
Then Saturday morning we slept in and then got a call from our friend's Dani and Bryan who invited us to come to the Tulip Festival with them. I took my camera along and got some fantastic photos of the BEAUTIFUL tulips...I will post pictures later :) Nick even got a few awesome shots with the camera as well. It was so fun! Then we stopped and got Dairy Queen blizzards on the way home. All in all it was a really great day to get outside, spend time with friends and see the pretty flowers.
Yesterday, we got up and went to church and heard a great message on suffering. Pastor Ryan gave us a lot of things to think about and it really made me thankful of the God we serve. So much grace!!!! After church I went for a long run to continue my training for the half marathon and Nick started washing the cars. When I got back I cleaned the inside of the house, organized, and all that good stuff and then joined Nick outside to help clean the other car. Then Nick went to the gym and I showered and started cooking dinner. Nick volunteers at church once a month picking up the signs leading to the building, and so he had to go pick them up last night. So when he got home we ate dinner and watched the end of the Red Sox/Yankees baseball game.
So all in all it was a great weekend and we got a lot accomplished. It is always easier to start out the work week when you feel like your life is all in order. Now this weekend it's off to Spokane and Moses Lake for a wedding!
1 comment:
Who is getting married in Spokane/Moses Lake??
Post a Comment