What is Joubert Syndrome?

.sharing your story.

I love hearing other people's stories. 

I love hearing where they came from, what they do, who they are and what has shaped them.

The people in life that I am most drawn to- are those who are open, honest, vulnerable and willing to share their story. There is just something so rich about getting to know someone through their own words and experiences. Not only to know them as a person, but it also helps shape my perspective, my viewpoint and my worldview. We are shaped by our experiences and since we don't have the capacity to experience everything, it is important that we learn from others. 


I used to be quite a shy person and sharing my story and being vulnerable in front of others was just not something I was willing or able to do. It terrified me to have to talk about myself and share things that were personal to me.

Throughout college, I was able to mature and grow confident in my own skin and really learn what it meant to share life with others. To share my story and to really appreciate how it helped me to grow.

But even then, I didn't really feel like I had much of a "story" to tell. Nothing in my life had been that abnormal, I hadn't faced much adversity, and my life was pretty idyllic. I didn't feel like my sharing would be much of a benefit to others since there wasn't much to tell.


Well….fast forward a few years and here I am. Having more of a story than I could have ever imagined. Not quite the story I imagined I would tell. But you know what? I think it's one of the best stories ever. 

Because it is powerful.

It's real.

Unexpected.

And a huge blessing in disguise.

My story involves having two of the most beautiful boys with special needs and their ability to change and transform my life in ways I could have never imagined.


Their lives, struggles, smiles, and accomplishments have challenged me, broken my heart, lifted my spirits and made me more proud then I could have ever imagined.

By simply sharing with others what this journey has been like, whether it is in small groups, one on one, through this blog, or in any other circumstance, the story of Parker and Lane has been transformational. Not only just for me, but for many others as well.

I prayed that I would be able to make an impact in this world and that my life would show significance. And although I had no idea what that meant, I am 100% confident now that it is through sharing our journey of special needs. 


It seems scary and daunting at times to share my deepest and darkest feelings and takes a lot of emotional energy, but it's worth it. Because you never know who is going to need to hear your story at that time.

And the coolest part about sharing your story, is that everyone has one. Even though you might not think so, there is always something that has transformed you into who you are that someone else needs to hear. And through the process of sharing it with another person- you grow, mature, heal, and become a better version of yourself. 

I think its part of human nature to long for that connection with others, to long for purpose and relevance….and I truly believe by sharing your story, we build those connections. 

What will the world miss if YOU don't tell your story??






I'm guessing the world would be missing a whole lot!

No comments: