What is Joubert Syndrome?

The Shack

There are times in life when God just speaks straight to you and you can feel His presence all around you. It is a surreal experience when the Holy Spirit is right there....

The other night I was reading the book "The Shack" by William P. Young. The back of the book summary states this: "Mackenzie Allen Philips' youngest daughter, Missy, has been abducted during a family vacation and evidence that she may have been brutally murdered is found in an abandoned shack deep in the Oregon wilderness. Four years later in the midst of his Great Sadness, Mack receives a suspicious note, apparently from God, inviting him back to that shack for a weekend. Against his better judgment he arrives at the shack on a wintry afternoon and walks back into his darkest nightmare. What he finds there will change Mack's world forever. "

My mom told me about this book a few months ago and had been wanting to read it for a while. The book captured me from the beginning...and I have been able to experience God in a way that I never have before. While reading the book the other night, I actually stopped reading and looked around because I could have sworn that I was face to face with God. He was everywhere.

It was unbelievable to have a small glimpse of what we are going to experience in Heaven. I had a million emotions going through me at that moment...but the one that alarmed me was fear. I was fearful of how real God is and how near he really is. Many times I saunter through the day believing in God and knowing he is alive, but not actually sensing His presence the way I did the other night.

I cannot wait until the day I get to meet my Savior face to face but for now I will continue to live my life in pursuit of holiness and continue to learn about God :)

1 comment:

Jenalee said...

so so true! I have heard great things about this book, but have also heard many interesting/bad reviews. I am for sure going to read it!