Well helloooo there 3rd trimester! I cannot believe I am in the last trimester of my pregnancy...so crazy! I was looking at my daily update yesterday and it said "You have been pregnant for 200 days"...crazy to me that I have had been growing this little man for 200 days already....seems like such a long time, but I feel like it has gone by so quickly. I am starting to get really, really excited to meet my little baby boy and am so excited that things are coming together and we are getting all ready for him. I have still been feeling really great pregnancy wise and am continuing to grow daily....my belly is continuing to get bigger and the little man is kicking like crazy. As he is getting bigger and stronger, I can see my whole belly move when he kicks. It is kind of fun though because Nick can see and feel him move. Its really an amazing feeling. I have been getting a little bit of restless leg syndrome, which apparently is very normal in your third trimester, so it is hard for me to sit still for a set amount of time, or to not be able to stand up or stretch my legs very often. But overall its been pretty easy...only about 2 1/2 more months :) woo hoo
Unlucky for me....I welcomed the 3rd trimester with a horrible sinus infection. After returning from California both Nick and I got sick with a nasty cold. I had been fighting it for about 2 weeks and just thought it was lingering as most sicknesses do while pregnant. Over the weekend I started to get a lot of pressure in my sinuses and was really feeling sick, but I took some tylenol cold and it helped to relieve the pressure. Later on Saturday though, my upper molars on my right side started to ache like crazy. For those of you who have never had a tooth ache...oh my gosh...it is SO painful!! So my teeth were aching all weekend long and as much as I tried to numb them, they still hurt pretty bad. So on Monday morning I went to the dentist and the teeth looked fine, but my sinus wall was directly above my teeth in the back. So I went to the doctor yesterday and it turns out I have a pretty serious sinus infection and am now on antibiotics. Thank God for medicine!!! My teeth still hurt and there is still a lot of sinus pressure, but I am hoping that as the week goes on and the medicine works its way through my system that I will begin to feel better. Who knew you could get a tooth ache from a cold?!?! Learn something new everyday I guess.
The next few weeks we have a lot of exciting things coming up:
-this weekend 4/30 going to Sacramento for a baby shower and to visit family
-next weekend 5/8 baby shower in Seattle thrown by the lovely Dani Dean :)
-weekend of 5/15 baby shower in Spokane thrown by my wonderful sister in law Angela, and am cheering Lindsay and Angela on in their half-marathon....GO Girls!!!!
-Labor day weekend I am headed to Napa Valley with my mom and sister for a weekend getaway before life gets too crazy with kids and schedules
-weekend of 6/4 headed to Spokane to visit with Brad, Shannon & Sawyer as they are coming to visit from LA
-weekend of 6/19 sister Ashley and her husband Joel might be coming up to visit for vacation
-July 4th holiday
-July 8th-my bday
-July 16th....DUE DATE!!!!
Somewhere in here we have to fit in painting and finishing decorating the baby room and getting everything all set for little man Dietzen to join us. So much to look forward to :)
No comments:
Post a Comment