This past weekend was amazing and we were able to go visit my parents in California and have a baby shower for the little guy growing in my tummy...I will post more on that later and put up pics but thought I would share a story of something really cool that happened to me this weekend.
On Friday night I noticed that the baby hadn't really been moving much all day and that he was pretty quiet at times when he is normally kicking and moving like crazy. So Friday night before bed I spent some time counting kicks and making sure he was still alive in my belly. On Saturday morning (the day of the shower) I was busy getting ready and greeting guest so I didn't really notice if he was kicking but hadn't felt him move much. So as the shower went on, I kept trying to be aware of if he moved and how often but really didn't feel anything. So I was starting to worry, but figured it would be okay that he was just sleeping. We went and got a pedicure after the shower and the whole time I was waiting for him to move, but he didn't. So after getting our nails done I kind of started to freak out a little. He is usually always SO active and he wasn't moving like normal. I told my mom and sister and we were thinking about our options of if we should go to the hospital or what.
We decided that since we hadn't eaten in about 6 hours, we should get some food and maybe the baby would start moving. If that didn't work, we were going to go to the hospital. We had prayed before we got out of the car for the safety of the baby and put our trust in God, that He has a bigger plan than us. We got out of the car and started walking towards Whole Foods and this girl, about high school or college aged, started walking towards me. I was so not in the mood to talk to someone and had no idea what she wanted. She approached me and said "I am doing a scavenger hunt, and need to find a pregnant person". So immediately I am thinking that this is not the time and I have no idea what she is going to want from me. But then she said "I just wanted to know if there was something I could pray for you about with your baby or pregnancy". I was in awe.....
At that point I broke down in tears and told her that the baby wasn't moving and I was worried he was not okay. She just started praying for me and the baby and my mom, sister and I stood with this random stranger in a parking lot and praying for the little baby. It was such a God thing. I have never experienced something like that, but God put that girl in the parking lot right at that time to pray for me. I was overwhelmed with gratitude and peace from God.
We went inside and got some food and then he started to move a little bit, and started moving and shaking all afternoon and evening.
As awful of an experience and feeling it was to think that anything was wrong with our little baby, it was so neat to see God show up in human form and send someone to pray for me and him. Such a gracious God we serve!!
6 comments:
Wow! How amazing! That just gave me chills. God is so good!!!
Totally have goose bumps after reading that! God is good!!
I LOVE this story! Thanks for documenting it because we know that we will forget. God is SO good!
Wow Anna! That is awesome. Praise the Lord.
What a sweet experience to know God listens to our prayers! You look so beautiful in all of your pics! I am so happy for you!
LOVE this story! Got me all teary-eyed...
Post a Comment