What is Joubert Syndrome?

.maternity leave.

So today marks my first day of maternity leave and not having to go to work. It is seriously the weirdest feeling to me and I am not sure why! Since graduating high school I have worked every summer, and some during the school year, and then since graduating college I have worked pretty much straight through (minus the few months when we moved). I am used to being busy with either work or school and working towards something, so it seems strange to wake up in the morning and having nothing on my agenda while everyone else works. I know that this is temporary and I will have a very little person demanding all my time and attention very soon, but I am having a hard time just relaxing and waiting! I felt super guilty when Nick had to get up and go to work this morning and I got to stay in bed and sleep. I am sure that this feeling will go away after a few days and once Parker comes along I will be longing for these types of days, but I just feel so lazy not working while Nick gets up and goes to work to support us. I am honestly surprised that I feel this way since I am a pretty traditional girl and grew up in a home where my mom stayed home with us and my dad worked, and I always envisioned that for my family too! My mom flies in from Sacramento on Wednesday morning, so I will have someone to hang out with and help me get things done so hopefully that will be a welcome distraction to just sitting and waiting until Parker comes. Praying it is sooner than later!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Enjoy it! Your life is about to change FOREVER! Have fun with your mama-cita :) We'll be waiting to hear when Jr. comes!