I received this little gem of a cookbook at work yesterday and am stupidly excited about it...I mean...how silly is it to get excited about a cookbook?! But I assure you, I am beyond excited for this one! As the new year has started, one of my goals is to focus on spending wisely and looking for ways to save. Well, this cookbook has EASY recipes, with simple ingredients all on a shoe string budget. It tells you the ingredients, time, and cost of each serving. Most of the meals in here can be made for under $1 per serving! This is perfect for us because I can make the meals easily once I get home from work and I can make them for cheap! Hoping this saves us some money on our grocery bill as well as fills our tummies with good food!
I will be posting some of the yummy recipies I try out and let you know how it goes. Anyone else have recommendations for easy meals on a budget? I would love to hear!

1 comment:
Anna! We just made this easy (and cheap!) Beef Stroganoff crock pot recipe and it was delish:
- 1 pound cubed beef stew meat
- 1 can condensed mushroom soup
- 1/2 C chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire saunce
- 1/4 C water
- 4 oz. cream cheese
1. In a slow cooker, combine the meat (yes, uncooked), soup, onion, Worcestershire sauce and water. Cook on low setting for 8 hours or high setting for 5 hours.
2. Stir in cream cheese right before serving. Serves 4.
We served the stroganoff over spiral noodles. We actually doubled the recipe and used the rest for lunches throughout the week and it was still fabulous as leftovers! And as a side note, you can check the reduced-price meat at the grocery store -- any kind of beef will work for this recipe!
Excited to see the recipes you post! :)
Post a Comment