What is Joubert Syndrome?

.balance.

Maybe it's the three kids, maybe is the special needs, maybe I'm not efficient enough with my time, maybe our schedule isn't set just right. But any way you look at it, I feel like finding a balance in life right now is tough.

While looking back at 2015 and looking forward into 2016, the word balance seems to be constantly finding it's way into my brain. If I could just find a way to balance the needs and schedules of the 5 people in our family, then setting goals, reaching new milestones and accomplishing tasks would be so much easier. 

Right??

At least that's what I keep coming back to. And maybe that's true, but I feel like trying to strike the right "balance" of everything in my life is like chasing a unicorn. Not realistic.

I'm reading a book right now by Lysa Terkuerst called "The Best Yes" and it's all about discerning and hearing God's voice to choose the Best Yes instead of every opportunity or yes that comes your way. I came across a quote that really struck me as I'm trying to figure out this whole balance concept. She said:


"The decisions we make dictate the schedules we keep. The schedules we keep determine the lives we live. The lives we live determine how we spend our souls. So, this isn't just about finding time. This is about honoring God with the time we have."

Powerful stuff!

It got me thinking of how to take a new approach to "having it all" or being "balanced". It's not just about fitting everything in, or making sure that I check the boxes on my to do list, but really about analyzing the WHY behind each activity. It is remembering that how we spend our days is ultimately how we spend our lives, so if I am constantly just in survival mode and trying to meet everyone's needs and keep a full schedule, I am going to spend my life stressed, overwhelmed, and incapable of doing anything really well.

And I understand that the season of life we are in and the parenting stage we are in is a very busy one. Its a very physically demanding job where there is little to no independence with my little ones and they are heavily reliant on me to do things for them. But I also recognize that I will never get this time back and I need to honor God with my time right now.

So what does that look like?

I wish I knew!

So I am now looking at 2016 as a year to honor God with my time and figure out how to create a schedule that does that. I'm hoping that as a result the hopes, dreams, and accomplishments I have set out for this year will become a reality as well.

I have a feeling it's going to be a great year!!

No comments: