Sometimes you just need a little trip home to soothe the soul. There is just something about going back to the place that is so familiar to you....its a part of you that holds so many memories. This past weekend I was able to go home for the weekend to visit my family in Granite Bay. Something about Granite Bay just makes me feel so at ease. I think it is the comfort of having my family close, the many memories that have been formed there, the fact that after not having lived there for more than a summer break in the last 5 years, I can still go to the grocery store and see a familiar face. I believe it is good for the heart.
I was able to spend time with my dear friend Katie from high school and just talk and talk about life. It is so refreshing to have deep conversations with people who know you better than you know yourself. Those are the friendships I long to make in Seattle as we continue to get settled. I live for conversation that challenge you and help shape you into a better person. Thank God for friendships and wonderful people like that :)
I was blessed with quality family time as we ate meals together and played games. I dominated the family at speed scrabble :) My mom and I went shopping for different decorating ideas and supplies for our condo. Althought getting those home on the airplane was a little challenging.
It is times like this that make my heart so happy, and so sad at the same time. Bittersweet. I am so blessed and love coming home, but love life in Seattle and all that Nick and I are creating in our life up here. But for now, I will continue to savor the sweet times and memories that I am able to make with my family and friends and be thankful for their presence in my life!
No comments:
Post a Comment