Sooo....working full time and having a family is kind of a lot to handle! The past few weeks I thought I had this in the bag. Now this week....feeling the lack of sleep and weight of responsibility a little more and am completely exhausted today! We went to Spokane this past weekend and had an absolute blast....but our flight home was delayed quite a bit so we didnt get home and into bed until about 1:00 am on Sunday night, then Parker was up at 3:30 and then I had to be up at 5:30 at work..so I am dragging a little today. Last night we tried giving him formula for his last feeding to hopefully help him sleep longer at night, but it didnt really seem to help much. So we will see tonight...trying to get him to sleep through the night (8:30pm-6:30am) but poor little guy gets so hungry! We have tried to make him cry it out, giving him his pacifier, formula for his last feeding, but he still wakes up. And when I go in to get him, I can hear his tummy growling so I know he really is hungry. Any suggestions from mama's out there who got their kids to sleep through the night early? He is only 3 months and only waking up once in the night....usually sleeping from 8:00pm-3:30 or 4 am...but hoping to get him to drag it out a little longer.
Other than that, work is going well. The mornings are early and kind of a marathon to get up, showered and ready and then get Parker up and out the door to be dropped off at 7. But we are managing. Little man is so happy and darling in the mornings it is tough to drop him off, but I am really happy with Victoria the lady who watches him and love that he is getting interaction with other kids. Hoping it helps him learn how to share, interact with other kids, and reach milestones faster since he is around older kids. I am working on some fun accounts at work and the people I work with are great, so no complaints there!
We are headed to Southern CA this weekend to watch my sister in law Lindsay play volleyball at Biola. She is a stud and we are excited to watch her play in a few games of her senior year! I will be flying by myself though so a little nervous about how that is going to work, especially since Parker doesn't like to breastfeed, so I will just have to pack a few bottles and pack smart so we don't have a ton of bags to carry! Really excited to see everyone and spend some time down in CA, but wish me luck traveling by myself with a 3 month old baby!
Lots going on and trying to stay on top of everything. Trying to cook dinner every night, keep a clean house (failing at this ;), pay bills, do laundry, and everything that goes into taking care of my family and work...it is kind of wearing me out! After this weekend of traveling I think we are going to lay low for a while and get caught up on everything. I am so blessed and so lucky that its wearing me out! :)

2 comments:
Anna talk with your doctor about putting some cereal in his formula for his last feeding. A lot of Mama's did that when I worked in the infant room at Primrose and it helped them make it through the night!
I hope it gets better soon and you all get some rest :)
Hi Anna-
It sounds like you are already getting him to sleep for a pretty decent amount of time actually. So don't get too down on yourself. We had a pack and play in our room for Jay for a pretty long time so I could just roll over and grab him and feed him all through the night. It sounds like kind of a pain, but I started doing it without even feeling like I was waking up. We might have spoiled him a little, but Jay didn't sleep through the night completely until about 9 or 10 months old. Even now, he wakes up every once in awhile. Hang in there!!!
Post a Comment