What is Joubert Syndrome?

.all done.

All done with breastfeeding that is. 
It's been a long 9 months of feeding and pumping and my supply has officially run out :(

My goal was to breastfeed Parker until he was able to drink cow's milk at about a year old. 
Parker had other plans :)

He never did do well latching on and it was always kind of a stressful event, but then at about 2 months he stopped latching completely. Which then led me to exclusively pump. I was determined to make it to a year! But with working full time and having to go to the "pump room" every 3 hours and always be in a place that I can pump every 3 hours was definitely a challenge! I think the stress of work, countless appointments, and the diagnosis with Parker put a lot of stress on me and really affected my milk supply. 

I had always thought I was gonna be so relieved when it was finally over...but I am actually kind of sad. It's a pretty cool thing to know that you are supplying your child with all the right nutrients and antibodies they need to grow and stay healthy. Such a cool way God designed it!!

But, alas, the road has officially come to an end. So here's to making it 9 months and making it this far and cheers to not being tied to a pump every 3 hours!!!
**my big boy drinking out of his sippy cup all by himself! :)

4 comments:

Kat said...

Yay for you!!! 9 months is awesome...especially exclusively pumping! That's about when my supply started going down too...I know the feeling of almost making it a year...so close! He is precious!

Kimber said...

You are one amazing mom! And he is so cute!! Congrats!

Ashley C. said...

Dude you made it way longer than me! Good job mama!

Life is short but God is sweet said...

what a big boy. Good job momma for seeing a positive side to this.