What is Joubert Syndrome?

.organics.

As Parker gets older and is eating more "big people food", it has caused me to be a little more conscious about WHAT we are eating, and what is IN the items we are eating.

I can't get away with eating cookie dough or having a coffee for dinner anymore...bummer :)

So while I was on the plane flying to a friend's wedding, I was browsing through a Parents magazine that had amazing tips for grocery shopping. They gave advice as to what items are worth the splurge in the grocery store and what items you can save on.

Coming from the wife of an accountant, this information was money!

{pun intended}

What I found most valuable was the list for the "Clean 15" and the "Dirty Dozen".


Clean 15
{Generally Low in Pesticide Residues}
-Onions
-Corn
-Pineapples
-Avocados
-Asparagus
-Sweet Peas
-Mangoes
-Eggplant
-Domestic Canteloupe
-Kiwi
-Cabbage
-Watermelon
-Sweet Potatoes
-Grapefruit
-Mushrooms

Dirty Dozen
{Consider Buying Organic}
-Apples
-Celery
-Strawberries
-Peaches
-Spinach
-Imported Nectarines
-Imported Grapes
-Sweet Bell Peppers
-Potatoes
-Blueberries
-Lettuce
-Kale/Collard Greens

I will be taking this list with me to the grocery store!

Simple and practical.

Happy Shopping!

1 comment:

the brauns said...

That's really helpful and a simple way to eat a little healthier :) Thanks