What is Joubert Syndrome?

.priceless gifts.


With Parker and Lane both recieving multiple therapies and Parker is a special education preschool, there are endless amounts of people pouring into the lives of our children. 

With the holidays approaching and the season of gift giving, I have been wracking my brain trying to think of a gift for each of them that would express just how much we appreciate them. It is actually impossible to give a tangible gift that truly expresses how deep our gratitude goes. Without these people devoting their lives to making my children's lives better, I am not sure what their future would look like. Because of them, both Parker and Lane are thriving and I have been given so much hope for their future.

Instead of spending a fortune on a material possession for each person that invests in my children, I decided to do something a little more heartfelt and creative that would hopefully express a little bit of our gratitude. 

One day while driving the thought came to me to buy a little item (candy, socks, chapstick, etc.) and attach a reason why I am thankful for their support and help. So I came up with a list of about 12-15 things that I thought would work perfect and headed off to the store.



Below is the list of items I bought, along with the saying I attached to each one:

Chapstick- For "speaking" with kindness and compassion as we walk this unexpected journey of special needs
Reeses Pieces- For loving Parker and Lane to "pieces"
Kleenex- For "cleaning" up their messes
Hotwheels Car- For helping "drive" their success and development
Lotion- For your "healing" hands
Starbucks Via- For having enough "energy" to give them the best therapy services
3M Sticky Notes- For helping us through "sticky" situations
Socks- For "walking" alongside us all
Livesavers- For being a "lifesaver" and devoting your life to serving my children
Starburst- For pushing my children to "burst" through to the next mileston
Sour Patch Kids- For dealing with my sometimes "sour patch kids"
Sweetarts- For being a "sweetheart" with our boys
M&M's- For pushing them to do "More&More"




I wrapped an old shoe box with wrapping paper and put all the items inside and will eventually wrap it will clear cellophane wrap to create a "gift basket" type look before I give it to them.



I loved the idea that this was something simple that we could make that would hopefully end up meaning something to them as it is personalized to what they do for my kids. I changed the sayings a little bit for Parker's teachers and aides at school and made a small little bag for his bus driver and aide, but I am so excited to give this to them.


Hopefully they understand and know how much we appreciate them and enjoy a little sweet treat or small gift along the way :)


No comments: