What is Joubert Syndrome?

.back at it.

Remember that one time I used to blog?! Oh yeah, me too.


It's been a hot second since I've sat down to blog. We welcomed a new baby to the family and between balancing life with 3 kids, the holidays, tax season, buying a new house, training for a half marathon, and just normal therapy for the boys and life obligations, blogging has taken a back seat.


But I have missed it so much. I miss writing and sharing and growing and learning. Writing has quickly become a therapeutic exercise for me and with dealing with the boys' needs, I am learning how important it is for me to take that time to write.


The boys are doing well and continuing to progress. Lane has gone from just kind of army crawling to full blown crawling, cruising, walking in a walker, and starting to use words and communicate. He has always had stronger muscle tone than Parker, so now that he has figured it out there seems to be no stopping him. He wants to do everything that Parker does so he finds a way to do it!! He is hilarious and determined and its so fun to see his personality emerging :)



Parker is making slow but steady progress. His balance has gotten much better and I think that is in large part to his horse therapy. He is still cruising along in his walker and gaining more endurance. His language has expounded greatly and he is starting to be able to explain his emotions and feelings and that has been huge in controlling his fits and meltdowns. Despite our challenges with him, he has such a fun personality and is really starting to mature. I see glimpses every once in a while of big boy Parker and its fun to watch him grow.


Elyse is such a joy! She is the most smiley and happy baby. She has been such a gift to us and has been meeting and exceeding her milestones. It is so surreal to watch a baby developing typically and I am seriously in shock every time she does something new. We waited for so long for the boys to do some of these things and to watch her do them literally brings me to tears. Both happy and sad tears. It makes me so happy that she does not have to deal with the challenges that her big brothers do, but it breaks my heart that the boys have those challenges and have to work so hard to do everything. She just started to army crawl and has been pulling up a little bit and trying to get on all fours. Considering she is only 7 months, we are thrilled (and a little scared of what this means..hehe) that she is already doing these things.


Life with three is intense at times. There is never any down time and someone always needs something from me. I love it and struggle with it all at the same time. Feeling spread too thin and not able to meet everyone's needs (including my husband and my own). But I absolutely love the new dynamic of having three children and feel blessed to parent both genders, and both special needs and a typically developing child as well. Always keeps me learning and growing and desperate for the grace and love of Jesus.


We are getting ready to head to the Joubert Syndrome conference in July and we couldn't be more thrilled. I think it is going to be a very healing time for us as we connect with other families walking the same path as us and build those relationships. We are excited (and nervous) to take all the kids to Chicago and will be posting all about our trip as it takes place.


Each day is a new adventure and brings about challenges and successes and victory and defeat. It's a crazy season of life we are in, but feel lucky that we are able to experience it!!


No comments: