What is Joubert Syndrome?

.training.

Working out week after week can become kind of monotonous sometimes. Lately I have been so bored with my usual workout routine. Run, abs, and some weights. I tried to mix it up with some kickboxing and circuit training classes but that just gave me shin splints...so that didnt exactly work in my favor :) So in order to have motivation to work out and push myself I decided to sign up for a run. I was looking online at 10k races and half marathon's but ended up finding a 12k right in Kirkland on December 14th. I figured this would be a good way to push myself because I run almost everyday, but never push myself to run 8-10 miles. So I have been training for this 12k and it has been really fun! I know you are probably thinking, "how could running ever be fun?". Its more than just the running that I enjoy but I am pushing myself and doing things I never thought I could do. I feel so accomplished and am so proud of myself when I go that extra mile, or drop my time by a few minutes. And I am finding that it is pouring over into other areas of my life as well and I am pushing myself in all areas of my life. It is an amazing feeling and I hope that my training pays off on race day. I highly suggest trying something like this, you never know what you are capable of until you try :) And I am always looking for a running partner so if you are interested...let me know :)

No comments: