For Thanksgiving this year we flew down to the San Francisco bay area, Pleasanton to be exact, to spend the weekend at Nick's Aunt Judy and Uncle Joe's house. We flew in on Wednesday night on a quick and easy 2 hour flight. The entire Dietzen clan came from all over to meet in Pleasanton to spend the Holiday together. My parents and brother even drove down from Sacramento to spend Thanksgiving with us. It was so wonderful to have everyone together. Talk about being thankful....I am so blessed to have an amazing family and married into an amazing family as well...and they all get along :)!!!
Thanksgiving dinner consisted of 22 people, lots of turkey, stuffing, potatoes, gravy, wine and dessert. It was a wonderful time of fellowship together and eating and just enjoying each others company.
On Friday we were all still stuffed from Thanksgiving dinner...I literally think I could have rolled out the door on Thanksgiving night. So we decided to go to the gym to work it off...it felt so good to get a good cardio work out in and burn some of those insane amounts of calories we consumed (It was well worth it though!). We all then went to see "Four Holidays" with Reese Witherspoon and Vince Vaughn. It was a cute and funny holiday movie and even the guys enjoyed the movie :)
Saturday we went to the greatest farmers market in downtown Pleasanton. If I could choose any place in the country to live, I honestly would choose Pleasanton...its such a cute city and so beautiful all the time. I fell in love with the character of the city and the farmers market was amazing. I could definitely see myself doing some grocery shopping there on Saturday mornings! Saturday afternoon the guys went golfing and so the girls went for a hike in Pleasanton Ridge...it was the perfect day for a hike! Then Saturday night Nick's Uncle Joe made homemade Italian meatballs and spaghetti and had a ton of families over for dinner. It was another fun filled night of fun, food and fellowship.
Saturday night food preparation. Nick was in the kitchen as Joe was teaching them how to cook...I had to document this momentous occasion :)
No comments:
Post a Comment