What is Joubert Syndrome?

.adventures.

Hope that you all had a wonderful and relaxing weekend...and most of you are still enjoying the weekend as today is President's Day! This weekend Nick and I were able to go on some new adventures and had a lot of fun. On Friday night after work while I was out shopping, Nick called and asked if I wanted to go grab some sushi for dinner. We used to get sushi when we lived in our downtown Seattle apartment because there was a Sushi place on the bottom floor. So we hopped in the car and went on an adventure around the area to find a sushi restaurant. We ended up finding one in Bellevue and it was delicious!!! I love sushi!


Then on Saturday Nick had to work and so he left early, but left a Valentines Day card on my nightstand so I would have it when I woke up! I was so surprised and he got me a Spa Day at the spa with my mom and sister when I go home in March. I cannot waiiiiit to go spend the day with them while getting pampered :) Lucky me!! While Nick was at work I cleaned the house, went for a run, did some grocery shopping and started to prepare dinner. Then I cooked a Valentines dinner of salmon, pesto pasta, salad, and bread and then we had the chocolate covered strawberries that I made. It was delicious.


Then we watched Fireproof the movie. It was such a great movie with a fabulous message. It had me in tears at multiple points of the movie. I recommend that to anyone. It gives a great depiction of what a marriage relationship should look like, as well as what our relationship with God looks like. Nick and I both really liked it and it was really neat to watch together.


Then on Sunday we went to church and heard another great message. I love being a part of the Eastlake community and it is so cool to see what God is doing through that church community!! After church we drove up to Snoqualmie Falls and went for a little hike to the bottom of the falls. It was so beautiful and the waterfall is amazing. Then we drove around the neighborhoods in the Snoqualmie area and walked through some model homes. It was one of my favorite days! I cannot wait until we have a house of our own someday!


Last night we booked our flights to Southern California for April to see our friends and to watch Derek Dietzen play baseball. He has worked so hard to come back from Tommy John surgery he had last year and through his determination and perseverance through all of the physical therapy and recovery, he is back to throwing off the mound and will hopefully be pitching in games soon!! Way to go Derek, we are SOOO proud of you :)


Here is a picture of Nick and I at the base of the waterfall yesterday...

1 comment:

the tampiens said...

You guys are so cute! I love reading your blog updates!! So glad to hear that Nick passed his CPA Exam. That's great news! Congrats to both of you. :)