Hello!! Hope things have been treating you well! Life has continually been busy for us as Nick is in full swing of tax season and things at work have been picking up for me as well. We have been able to plan some weekend trips to get away, but have been spending most of our time at home since Nick is working on the weekends as well. The weather has actually been pretty nice and we have had a mixture of beautiful sunny days, some clouds and rain, and even a little more snow (which I love!).
This past Sunday we started a new series at church (www.eastlakecc.com) called 30 days to live. We were challenged to make a list of our 3o day values...to make a list of the things that we would try to accomplish if we only had 30 days to live, and to try to live as if that were true. To try and live in light of those things that are most important to us and not allowing the trivial things to get in the way and take up our time. It was mostly about spending our time doing meaningful things and being mindful of how we are spending the time we have been blessed with instead of wasting it.
It was really good and got me thinking a lot about who I am and how I want to spend my time. It was a perfect message to hear and I encourage everyone to try and make a list of what you would try to do and become if you only had 30 days to live. It is a lot harder than you think!
I have started playing in a women's soccer league with some people from work on Wednesday nights. It is so much fun to be playing soccer again and it makes me realize how much I miss it! I was so nervous and thought I was going to be horrible, but things actually have come back really fast and I am not as bad as I thought I was going to be. It is so fun to get out there and be competitive again!
This weekend is Valentine's Day and we dont really have any big plans. I have always kind of shyed away from going all out on Valentine's Day because I feel like it is kind of forced and a lot of pressure...so we have always done something low key. I think that since Nick has to work on Saturday, I will make us a nice dinner at home and then watch a movie together. I would rather spend quality time together than spend money on gift for each other. But I am really looking forward to just spending a cozy night in together.
I hope that Valentine's Day is a day filled with love for everyone....not only from a significant other, but from friends and family as well. We love you all :)
No comments:
Post a Comment