What is Joubert Syndrome?

.hope for american marriages.

This post is a little somber but I came across something that I thought was worth sharing.
Yesterday while browsing through Barnes and Noble I came across Time Magazine. The cover captivated me and I knew I had to read the article.
You can click here if you want to read the article.
To summarize it, marriage works. No matter how much our culture and society try to tell us it doesn't, there is research and facts to back it up. Our culture is so self-centered and focused on "self" that people only do things for themselves, even if it hurts their spouse or children. The effects on children are catastrophic and irreversible. It makes me sick to think of how selfish people can be in a marriage.
I think marriage is the most wonderful thing I have ever experienced. It takes a lot of sacrifice and selflessness, but in the process you refine each other.
I read a quote the other day that said:
"Maybe marriage isn't about making us happy, maybe it's about making us Holy"
This is a very humbling quote. Maybe marriage isn't about me...maybe it's designed by God for me to learn more about Him, and in the process become more like Him. Maybe marriage is a relationship with another person where we can grow and learn and deepen our relationship with our creator.
It makes me so sad to see the demise of marriage in our culture, and I pray that people can see past themselves and the importance of what it was designed for.

1 comment:

beej said...

Anna~

This reminds me of a book my couples' small group is going through right now: Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas

Great book! Nice post, BTW...

-BJ