What is Joubert Syndrome?

.sweet potato.

My little babe is growing fast and getting big and strong! This week the little babe is the size of a sweet potato, about 5.5 inches long and 5 ounces in weight. I went to the doctor on Thursday for my 4 month check up and everything looks good. Weight gain is minimal and everything seems to be going well. It is always so great to hear the babies heart beat...there us nothing like it. Makes it very real that there is a miracle growing inside of you. We find out what we are having at our next appointment. That is when we have another ultrasound and get to do all the measurements and all that fun stuff. I cannot wait to see our baby again and find out what the sex is. I keep looking at cute things to decorate the nursery with, or clothes and everything, but it is so hard to decide on something when you have no idea what you are having.
On Saturday some girlfriends from church and I went to a prenatal yoga class and it was a lot of fun. It was good to have that exercise that is focused specifically on opening up blood flow to the baby and strengthening your muscles for when you give birth (yikes!). I bought a 5 week pass, so I will be going on Saturday mornings for the next few months. We then went out to lunch and just chatted about everything. It was nice to be around other pregnant ladies and hear their perpsective on things and get advice. We are starting an expecting mom's growth group this week so I am excited to meet more ladies that are in the same season of life as me. And it will be fun to have play dates and have our babies meet each other one day.
I am starting to show a little bit, but I haven't popped yet, so I just kind of look like I have gained weight around my mid section. I am looking forward to having a baby bump and being able to feel the baby, but that will be here before we know it, so I am trying not to rush anything. It's hard to believe that in about 5 months we will be meeting our child!! We are so excited!! I am still feeling so blessed that my pregnancy has been so painless so far, and am continuing to pray for a very healthy, strong baby. So keep growing strong, and big and healthy little babe in my belly....Only 5 more months until you enter this crazy world we call life!

No comments: