What is Joubert Syndrome?

.napa girls weekend.

Over memorial day weekend my mom planned an amazing trip to Napa for the 3 of us girls in our family. It started out as kind of a "last hurrah" before there are tons of kids running around and a chance for all of us to just enjoy hanging out and relaxing (especially before I have a newborn on my hands!). But after a wonderful weekend we are planning on making this an annual trip and leaving the kids at home with the dads! Isn't that how it should work ;)
I flew down from Seattle on Friday after work and we then drove to Winsor, CA which is in the Napa/Sonoma valley of California. It was so beautiful there. I lived only a few hours away from wine country for a while, but never went there to spend any time. I fell in love with the quaint towns, the slower pace of life and the rolling hills with vineyards everywhere. Apparently it looks a lot like Italy.....which is a dream of mine to visit!!
We spent most of our time there laying by the pool, walking around the little towns, shopping, going to the farmers markets, playing games and watching movies. It was so fun to just have the 3 of us girls and to really get to know each other. Now that both my sister and I are married and more at the same place in life we are really able to relate a lot more and its fun to hear my mom tell stories and give advice as we try to navigate being "grown-up".
It was such a blessing to be around my mom and sister and I feel so lucky to have them in my life!!! Thanks mom for a WONDERFUL weekend...I cannot wait for next year :)


No comments: