What is Joubert Syndrome?

.waiting.

Here I am at almost 38 weeks pregnant and I am finally getting to the point where I am done being pregnant and ready for this next phase. The whole pregnancy has been great and I couldn't have asked for it to go better, but now as my belly is growing bigger and bigger and nothing seems to fit anymore, I am ready for this little guy to come out!!
I am trying my hardest to not mentally check out from work and life, but as I am getting prepared for the baby, I am having a hard time focusing on anything else. I am working for 2 more weeks...through the end of next week, which shouldn't be too bad because we have Monday off next week, Thursday is my birthday and then Friday will be my last day before I start my maternity leave. Then if he hasnt come yet, I will have a few days off work to just relax and get all the last minute things in place :)
I just got back from the doctor and things are looking great! I am currently 2 cm dialated, 50% effaced and he is at a station -2...which is great because that means his head is wedged in my pelvis and not going anywhere until delivery! So that was awesome news :) But man oh man...those cervical exams HURT!! I had heard mixed stories from people on them...some saying they hurt and others saying they dont....but all I know was that it was not pleasant. Nick was a trooper and went to the appointment with me and was even in the room when they did the exam...I'm sure that was an experience for him. I am excited for his support while I am in labor!!
So here we are only a little ways away from meeting our son and I am getting so anxious and excited. As much as I am mentally done being pregnant, it is so worth it to keep this little guy healthy and growing strong inside of me. I think we are all ready at home and I started to pack my hospital bag this weekend so only a few additional things to throw in there and we should be good to go. I got to packed my "going home" outfit, and got to put normal clothes in my bag...because when I leave the hospital...I won't be pregnant anymore!! Woo Hooo! I know I will still look pregnant and have the weight to lose, but it will be so nice to put on clothes I havent been able to wear in months :)
Keep praying for a quick and safe delivery and a super healthy baby!!!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

so cute! I am so thrilled for you and Nick :) Its good to hear that everything has gone well and I will keep you in my prayers that it stays that way. Hang in there these last couple weeks and Happy Birthday to you and Parker!