I had a revelation yesterday and decided that social networking sites and blogs kind of stress me out! It is a major guilty pleasure of mine to look at pictures on facebook or follow someones blog, but i decided that it kind of makes me a little discontent.
I am so extremely blessed and Nick and I have been so fortunate to have accomplished so many things at our age and be as successful as we are, but I find myself comparing our lives to all the people around me. Instead of looking at how lucky we are, I tend to read someone's status update or see pictures and wish that I had what they did, or was able to do what they can. I think it puts a little pressure on me to always be "keeping up with the jones" as the saying goes... to always have the coolest new items, or the biggest house, or to start having kids.
I love being able to keep up with friends and see what is going on with their life, but a lot of times it is only the fairytale aspects of life that are shared and it makes for an easy comparison.
I hate that it makes me feel this way but I am glad that I realized it. Instead of looking at what everyone else has, can buy, is doing; I can now realize that we are blessed and God has given us more than we deserve!!
3 comments:
So true! I drove by a friend's house the other day and I was like, "ohhhh, I want that house! It's way better than our house!" Then George looked at me like are you serious? Then I kinda looked at myself like an idiot too. I offend myself sometimes...comparing is a HUGE downfall of mine and wish I could see my blessings 24/7!
you go girl!!
Well said! I tend to do the same thing! Thanks for reminding me of my blessings!
Post a Comment