What is Joubert Syndrome?

.daily happenings.

Parker is 3 weeks old today and we have settled into a nice little routine. He is sleeping and eating great and has been a dream baby so far! He had a gassy tummy yesterday and it was so sad to see him so uncomfortable and not feeling well. I wanted to just make him feel better but there wasn't a whole lot I could do :( It really is true...you hurt when your children hurt! This past weekend we went over to Spokane for Grandpa Scott's 50th birthday. They had invited some friends over and we just hung out at the Dietzen's house. The boys played lots of golf and the girls layed out at the pool and did some shopping and Grandma and Grandpa Dietzen got to spend lots of time with Parker :) Parker did GREAT in the car and I am hoping that he stays a good traveler since we take so many trips!
This week I have been trying to settle back into being home, doing laundry, cleaning the house and getting ready for our friends Brad and Shannon and their daughter Sawyer to come visit. It will be so fun to have them around and to just tour around Seattle and hang out :)
I am getting sad and nervous to go back to work and send Parker to daycare. In a perfect world, I would be able to stay home, but unfortunately for the next few years I am going to have to work. I still have until the middle of October before I have to go back, but time has already gone by so fast that I know it will be here before I know it. I am trying to mentally prepare myself for sending Parker to daycare, but also enjoy my time off with him and really just be present with him. I know that God has a plan and that Parker will be fine, I just am already a little stressed about it but want to make sure I don't focus on that too much!! I could definitely use major prayers on how to deal with going back to work!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Oh my goodness! He's already grown up so much! He doesn't look like a new-born anymore... he looks like a little guy and you can start to see his little personality develop. How fun for you guys! Can't wait to see him again soon. We are due for a lunch date once you don't have company. :)