What is Joubert Syndrome?

.set backs.

Life with Parker man has been amazing so far. I never thought I could love my husband and baby boy the way I do. I feel so lucky and so blessed. I really feel like this is what I was made to do...to be the best wife I can to my husband and the best mom I can be to my son and future children. I finally feel like I am at a place where I feel like I am living my purpose.
However, the past week has been kind of a tough one and I am trying to trust that God's plan is bigger than what I could imagine and that He knows what the future holds. There has been some very disappointing things that have happened and I am trying my hardest to rise above them gracefully. The hardest part for me is not what happened (although I was extremely disappointed that it didn't work out) but the way it was handled was most discouraging to me. When people aren't open and honest from the beginning, it can make things more hurtful and difficult than necessary. I am trying to forgive the way it was handled and realize that we are all human and make mistakes, but I am still trying to process the way everything happened and rise above. I know God will never give us more than we can handle, and I am trying to find out what He has planned for our family and what is best for us with Parker here now. But I am excited to see how God provides and what that looks like!
This weekend we are headed over to Spokane for Nick's dad's 50th birthday surprise. We will be heading over on Thursday night and I am excited to be around family again. I am beginning to realize more and more that family is really what is important and are the people who are always there for you.  Nick's sister Hannah is over here staying with me for the week and helping me with Parker. It has been great to have her around! Today we are going to go paint pottery and hang out! Looking forward to it :)

Romans 8:28
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose."

1 comment:

Jenalee said...

I'm not sure what the situation is but I know you'll get through it!


Josh Wilson's song "Before the morning" has really helped me through things. "Hold on, cause there's good who love God, life is not a snapshot...it might take a little time, but you'll see the bigger picture!"

So glad you're enjoying motherhood! Keep the pictures coming!