The last scene was the glee teacher kissing another teacher right after he left his wife. These two had been having a somewhat inappropriate relationship the whole season, but as soon as he left his wife, he went straight to this woman. I'm sure other people didn't really notice it, but for me it really bothered me!
I guess I am just sick of the way that Hollywood and our culture views marriage. There is no forgiveness, counseling, working through things, etc. when relationships are having troubles. Our culture just portrays that when it gets tough, get out and find someone new. I seriously hate it. I wish people took marriage more seriously, took the vows and the commitment seriously. Ugh!
Are there any shows out there that promote healthy relationships and that marriage is actually a commitment, not a feeling?!
Any other Glee watchers out there have an opinion on this?
3 comments:
OMG! I don't watch Glee, but I totally agree with you! It's pretty sad that our media doesn't have a whole lot of respect for promoting a healthy marriage or family. I think people who grow up watching that and that maybe don't have parents or a family who teaches them otherwise, sees that and thinks that those things are normal. It seems to be a continual downward spiral of art imitating life, with the art further influencing life. Ryan and I talk all the time about this ;) More like I rant to him about it. Ha!
I felt the same way!!! When they were kissing I was saying to Joel.. "He's married!!!" There is no marriage commitment anymore, or at least Hollywood portrays it that way. If you get mad or bored or frustrated, you can just move on and find someone else...no big deal. Frustrating!
I identify. Bryan and I watch it and we were mad.
Post a Comment