This past weekend was one of my favorite weekends I have had in a long time. Not because we did something spectacular or went somewhere exciting, but because we did just the exact opposite! For the first time in a month, we were home for the weekend. Now don't get me wrong, I love to travel and love visiting family and friends, but sometimes between working full-time and being gone on the weekends, it gets really exhausting and my to-do list for things at home becomes daunting. On Friday night Nick and I went to Costco and Cost Plus World Market to do some much needed grocery and furniture shopping. We found a fabulous desk on sale at World Market and were able to get some fresh fruit and food at Costco that we had been putting off for a while. We then ate dinner at Costco (I seriously love Costco food...don't judge ;) and then went home to watch a movie and cuddle on the couch. It was fantastic!
Then Saturday morning I was able to sleep in and get some things done around the house before heading to a friend's house to go to a Stampin' Up party. We made some really cute Christmas items and it was fun to be around friends and get in the Christmas spirit. When I got home it was just in time to shower and get ready for Nick's office Christmas Party. It is always so much fun to get dressed up and have a nice dinner.
Sunday we went to church and then came back and made some stew in the crock pot, hung pictures around the house, got our Christmas tree, put together shelves for the garage, create our Christmas cards and make some cool coaster tiles, and cross a lot of things off our to-do list.
(Here are the drink coaster tiles I made while they were drying)I think what I loved most about this weekend was the fact that it was just Nick and I going through life together, and loving every second of it. I love that I have a husband that I enjoy spending time with and even the most simple, mundane tasks seem more fun when we do them together.
Although our next few weekends are busy, we will be home and I am really looking forward to it :)
1 comment:
It's so nice to slow down and enjoy the little things, I totally agree! By the way, how did you make those coasters? They're so cool!!!
P.S. We have Costco dinner dates all the time, so I'm right there with you! :) Good food and SO cheap!
Post a Comment