Man oh man....life is crazy!!! I feel like for the last few months I have been running a marathon of life and its not coming to an end anytime soon! There is just so much going on and I feel like I am never fully caught up. It's been kind of an interesting journey. As much as I love to be busy and accomplishing things, I feel like I cannot do it all and it stresses me out that I am not able to balance everything...and be good at everything. Between working full time, being involved in church, hanging out with friends and building a community up here, visiting family and having family come visit, cleaning the house, paying the bills, spending time with my husband, and getting things ready for the baby to come....I am getting a little burnt out!! I find myself longing for the baby to get here already so I can be on maternity leave and have a few months off...except then I realize that I will be responsible for another human being's life, and that definitley is not going to be a restful time. Although I would rather have the responsibility of caring for my baby than stressing about work. I just cannot imagine having to work this stressful job and then come home and take care of my family....any ideas for creative work that is flexibile with a baby?! I am planning on coming back to work...but am already stressed about balancing everything...especially since I am overwhelmed already!
I am trying to not get overwhelmed because I want my baby to be healthy and not stressed inside my belly, and I try to keep in perspective the things most important. It's just crazy to me how much not only my life in changing, but also my body. Up until this point things have been a breeze, nothing to complain about at all. I just feel so lucky to be able to be having a baby. Such a blessing. It's starting to get to the point where a lot of my shirts don't fit anymore and they come to about my belly button because my belly is starting to get to that point. It's just a crazy phenomenon to watch your belly grow bigger and bigger without even doing anything. I am trying hard to just embrace my growing body and know that it is for a good reason. But it is a strange thing to tell yourself it is healthy and normal, when your whole like you are making sure that doesn't happen. Now don't get me wrong, I love that my baby is growing big and strong and being pregnant has been a great experience...but as I am approaching my third trimester and getting bigger by the day...I am trying to embrace it, rather than worrying about my size.
I am really looking forward to my vacation to southern California next week...I think it will be just what the doctor ordered. I cannot wait to have 3 days off work, bask in the sunshine, and be surrounded by great friends. It will be refreshing to the soul. I think just taking a break from reality will be a recharge for me and I will be able to come back refreshed and ready to go!
Only a little over 2 weeks until tax season is over and a little over 3 months until our baby boy joins us!!! :) There is so much to be thankful for and I am seriously so blessed...it's just sometimes life can be so overwhelming... I just need to focus on what truly matters!
1 comment:
Amen sister. Trust me, I hear ya. And better yet, God hears ya. :)
Post a Comment